May Recap

June 5, 2018

MAY MAY MAY:

First and foremost, it should be noted that though it is not pictured here, Max DID NOT forget Mother's Day this year. Blessings on blessings on blessings.
Also worth mentioning is a quick 48 hour girls trip to AZ to see Taylor Swift in concert on her opening night. I've never seen her before, but I thought she was magic live. I don't know how any artist can make their music or your experience seeing them feel personal in a stadium filled with 50,000+ people, but you really do with Miss Swift.

Even better (if that's possible) than the concert, was the time I spent with some of my faaavorite cousins. We ate cheese crisps, coconut pancakes, played with makeup and I don't think I've ever consumed as much Diet Coke as I did in those 48 hours. I couldn't have had a better two days even if I tried.
Doesn't this picture make you want to cry? Unfortunately, while I was away for my quick trip, Charlie (who was still at home being watched by my parents, while Max studied for boards) became realllly sick. The night after I got home we had to take him into the ER for dehydration and, as with every other time we've been with him in the ER before, it was a nightmare. I cry every time he cries when they take his blood. I sit in the corner of the room, while Max holds him down, and I cry. Doctors appointments and immunizations are a cakewalk compared to what we have gone through in the ER so hallelujah! We survived that ordeal and he finally got back to being his usual self within a few days. All I can say is no more nursery for us, at least for now.

Max also had a birthday in May in which he entered the final year of his 20s. What is this and how is this happening? It was a busy day with golf and lots of black and white cookies (his favorite), but unfortunately I couldn't do as much as I would have liked since we were leaving early the next morning for NYC.
This is the third time I've been to the city, and I should also say it's the only time I've ever felt like I loved it so much I could move there. I mean I seriously, really, want to move to NYC after this last trip. I will post more about it all later, but I think this last trip to New York has to be one of the best trips we've ever been on.

So far, I'd say May takes the cake for 2018.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs