June 12, 2008
I once heard someone say they have background music to their life. Imagine that?
Don't try too hard though, I think we all do.
If there were such a thing though - literally speaking - I wonder what each leitmotiv would be? After all, my Music 101 professor taught, "There is a perfect song for every perfect moment."
So in honor of the rainy summer days, where sweats and big t shirts are the only thing that will do, I have compiled a rainy day soundtrack.
1. That Next Place - Thomas Newman (Meet Joe Black - nothing more needs to be said)
2. Always On My Mind - Michael Buble
3. River Flows In You - Yiruma
4. Boston (Acoustic) - Augustana
5. Somewhere Over The Rainbow - Israel Kamakawiwo Ole'
6. Gravity - John Mayer
7. It's All Coming Back To Me Now - Celine Dion (She has a song for everything)
8. Return To Pooh Corner - Kenny Loggins
9. ...And Then I Kissed Him - Hans Zimmer (Pearl Harbor Soundtrack)
10. Everytime We Say Goodbye - Ray Charles
11. Cello Suite No. 1 - Bach
12. This is For Keeps - Spill Canvas
13. How Did I Fall In Love With You? - Back Street Boys (guilty pleasure as always)
14. Tribute - Jon Schmidt
15. Come On - Ben Jelen
16. Like A Star - Corinne Bailey Ray
"Music is the art which is most nigh to tears and memory." Oscar Wilde is my hero.