january 2016

January 6, 2016

It's no secret that January is rough - especially for me. It's more rough when you have to leave 85 degree weather for the arctic tundra also called Utah and reality has to kick in again.

So the other night as we got into bed relatively early, something came over us. I don’t know why, but at 10:30 that night we got back out of bed, made a backwards breakfast (even though we had had dinner a few hours before) and put on a scary movie. It like it was 2010 again and I didn’t calculate how many hours of sleep I wasn't going to get. Or think about how many diet cokes I would need to sustain me through tomorrow's 8 hour workday. And although in reality I can only afford nights like that maaaaayyybbbe every now and then, it was good to not be grown up for four hours. I needed it. And January needed it too.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs