thankful thanksgiving turkeys

November 27, 2014

You get a group of adults together the night before Thanksgiving (or as we prefer to call it, the muddy buddies #friendsgiving) and somehow this happened.


Just kidding. I basically begged everyone to make one in-between sharing Youtube videos and watching movies, but they complied with my wishes and voila! Our thankful thanksgiving turkey door is complete.


Earlier this week for FHE, Max and I listened to this talk while decorating our Christmas tree. Yes, it went up before Thanksgiving, but I just wanted to share a small part of it:

Some murmur when the sky is clear
And wholly bright to view,
If one small speck of dark appear
In their great heaven of blue:
And some with thankful love are filled,
If but one streak of light,
One ray of God’s good mercy, gild
The darkness of their night.

I think I've harped enough on the subject of my blessings book this year, but I can honestly say it has once again changed my life. Focusing on what I have, rather than what I don't, makes all the difference in the world. I could give you a lifetime's worth of things I am so grateful for this year, but all I want to say is that I am especially, especially, especially thankful for my Rhett Butler and my Laurie Laurence - my best friend and husband, Max. I am so grateful you are mine, and for all the hard work you put into our little life together. It's been such a wonderful year.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments:

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs