1. Les Miserables. I have nothing new to say on the subject, so I'll say it in three words: I loved it.* I read the novel when I was 19 and it immediately became one of my favorite books, so combining the story line with the music was unbelievable. (I still have yet to see the play!) Needless to say, Meet Joe Black is no longer the reigning, remaining favorite movie of mine.
2. Is it just me, or is Winter probably the best of Vivaldi's Four Seasons?
(2 1/2. I have two rules which Max refuses to understand: listening to classical music if I'm making dinner, and listening to golden oldies when I'm cleaning.)
3. My current online activity includes checking for job opportunities at the Ellen Degeneres show...?
4. I am convinced that I was born genetically prone to liking boy-bands. Don't judge, One Direction makes you happy too. Admit it.
5. Is anyone else confused on who this guy named Te'o is, who his girlfriend was, and what the hoax is all about? I've read seven articles today (seven!) and I still have no idea what is going on.
6. Helen Keller is the best Apples to Apples card you can have.
7. "I'll wear your granddad's clothes, I look incredible." You've probably heard it, too. I like it.
8. I spent an hour (or two) in bed this morning watching "Learn How to Speak French" videos on Youtube. It's still not coming.
9. If you were born in the late 80's and are female, you most likely saw at least one of the Mary Kate & Ashley movies growing up. The movies that somehow always left me questioning why their parents never interfered with their pre-teen love lives? Anyway, I should mention that somehow (I really don't even know how this happened) I started watching part 3 of Our Lips Are Sealed and I was so embarrassed for them that I covered my eyes. I literally covered my eyes while watching it. I was dying. I still am.
10. Max doesn't get home from class until late on Thursday nights, so going 14 hours without seeing him feels like 14 days. Because of this, Thursday nights often turns into our late night/make-up-for-lost-times date night and we've already talked about it: but seriously? Buy one Big Mac, get one for 1¢? You'll know where to find us at midnight.