the best day.

August 13, 2012








I have wanted to write this post since the day I got home from our honeymoon, but I feel like time is the one thing that changes the most when you get married, because it goes by so much faster.

When we got our wedding pictures back, I was just over the moon (thanks a million to Sara and Robin and their dad too!) Looking at them make me so happy. That day was truly the best day of my life -- and you'll hear that from anyone who gets married, (and everyone may have different reasons,) and although there are a thousand of reasons why, and a million tiny moments I would wish to live over, the best part would have to be the time we had in the temple.

Up until the day of the wedding, everything went by so fast it was almost hard for me to really grasp the fact that I was actually getting married. I'm sure it's different for everyone, but it wasn't until the moment we pulled up and I saw the Salt Lake City temple across the street, and knew for the first time I'd be getting to go in, and I'd be going in to get married... well, it all finally sank in. Right then and there.

Words will never be enough for the way I felt. The sacred and special and profound realization at the enormity of the decision I was making (or had already made,) companioned with a tremendous amount of assurance, faith, peace and most especially a love for Max and for eternal promises and for families that I had never felt so profoundly before -- it made me cry and smile and feel so, so happy, that happy doesn't even begin to describe it. I kept telling Max that life is worth living for that one day alone; it is tremendously, incredibly, unbelievably special.

I was reminded of all those feelings last week, and probably not for the reason you'd think. Max and I got in our first big disagreement. (disagreement always sounds better than fight, doesn't it?) Big enough that we both needed an hour of the silent treatment. When we finally got around to making up, I was not only upset with myself for the way I had acted, but for wasting two hours of our weekend on this pointless fight. So I cried. I apologized two or three times, and so did he. But Max, who is usually the better half, just smiled and told me that those two hours weren't going to be the end of the world (or our weekend, for that matter). We have a very long time to love each other.

And that's what reminded me.

Knowing that relationships last forever, and that the promises I made that day in the temple were blended with the world eternal; knowing that I get to work on my own relationship with Max forever, that I get to have him forever, and that our time together will be forever... well, I felt so happy, it reminded me of the feeling I felt the day I got married. And happy doesn't even begin describe it.

--

(I'll post more pictures this week! I have a million + one thousand more that I love.)

7 comments:

Jess Cole said...

Oh my goodness this post is so cute!
You look so happy and gorgeous in your photos!
Can't wait to see more photos!
BTW, I always love reading your blog!

Sarah said...

Simple beautiful! I love your blog and your writing and now your wedding!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Yaaay! You're finally posting these. You look stunning Kels. What a happy and beautiful day that was! Better see pictures of the bridesmaids quick :)

Emily Meyerhoffer said...

Adorable!!

Brittany said...

I'm dying a little over these. So so beautiful. You two are too much.

kylee said...

an instant smile appeared on my face when i saw this post. picture number four is my favorite.

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs