married august 25th, 1953

June 3, 2012




My sweet (and by that, I mean my favorite) Aunt Cindy gave me a few of these pictures of my Grandma and Grandpa Christensen a few months ago when my Grandpa passed away. Sometimes when I look at them, I wish that I would have been able to spend more of my evenings sitting in their living room, listening to my grandpa tell stories, while my grandma (always) busied herself in the kitchen cooking something for us both. When Elder Holland spoke at his funeral, he referred to my grandpa as being "the man that the word gentleman was created for." I miss him so much, and I can't wait to see him again someday.

The past few days I've caught myself looking over these pictures more, too. I just haven't been able to get over how beautiful they are! I'm convinced my grandma and grandpa had to have been the best looking couple back at the Y all those years ago :) And their wedding... goodness gracious! I don't think anybody could have looked or have been more lovely on their wedding day than these two.  They look so in love... that's my favorite part.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this tugs my heart strings.

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs