holidays 2018

December 26, 2018


We've officially entered the years where only the upper half
of our tree is decorated thanks to Charlie ;)


I don't know if there was any child more mesmerized by the zoo lights than Charlie. If it hadn't been 21 degrees the night we went, we would have tried to stay longer but I lost eight years off my life that night freezing to death.

These are the only pictures I have from Thanksgiving in Arizona
where it was 70 degrees (!!!) I'll take it every year please.



Charlie asleep on Christmas Eve. Is there anything sweeter?

The holidays this year were welcome with especially wide open arms as Max finished up his night shifts right before the break, and we finally got two weeks worth of time to spend together as a family of three. We spent our Thanksgiving down in Arizona with family, and our Christmas together at home. I couldn't have asked for anything more this season, besides maybe snow, a car that didn't break down Christmas Eve, and a little bit more sleep ;) But even then, this season was full of loved ones and memories and service and trying our best to remember why we celebrate it in the first place. 

I don't talk a lot about my testimony online, but as Oprah would say, one of the things I know for sure is that we have a Savior who lives. A Savior who was born in a manger, for you and for me, and for everyone who has ever lived. Through the highs and lows of life, most especially the lows, I have felt His love for me, which is greater than any possible gift I could ask for.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs