i heart ny

July 16, 2018

I've delayed writing this post mainly because I have over a hundred pictures to choose from and a million things to say about how much I loved our trip to NY.
Our hotel was directly across the street from Central Park, which is probably why I loved this trip so much more than any other time I've been before. I figured that taking a little one to the city might mean spending more time in a park than out and about, and I'm soo glad we planned plenty of time for that. In my next life I'd like to fall in love on Gapstow Bridge, please and thank you.

The view from Gapstow Bridge. I mean... can you blame me? The night I took this picture will forever be a highlight of my life. It entirely felt straight out of a movie.

Then of course I insisted we stop by to try Momofuku ice cream and I was SORELY disappointed. Overrated is an understatement.  At least Levain and Magnolia made up for it.

Other highlights include: Making a wish on top of the Empire State Building at midnight (Tom Hanks/Meg Ryan where you at), Broadway shows, Shake Shack (naturally), and reading books with Charlie at the midtown NY public library.

Last but certainly not least was the 9/11 Memorial. One of my friends had just gone a few weeks before I did and had told me all about it, but I still wasn't prepared for how moving it would be. I could have spent an entire day there.



I'll stop myself here. I spent our entire drive upstate searching for two bedroom apartments on the Upper West and East (one day??) Side because I was convinced our next move needs to be to the city that never sleeps. I heart New York a million times over. And over.

And over.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs