five years

June 21, 2017


In a special blessing I received when I was fifteen years old, (you can read more about them here) I was promised that one day I would marry in the temple and share with my husband many things, the first being unity. I'll keep the rest private, but I always thought that unity was such a peculiar word to use, (and frankly was maybe hoping for something a little bit more romantic sounding at the time) - that is until years later, I read the following definition:

u·ni·ty
ˈyo͞onədē/

Unity: Integrity: an undivided or unbroken completeness or totality with nothing wanting.


Isn't that beautiful? I've loved the word ever since.



Now, with that being said, I won't pretend that everything has been roses and cherry blossoms these last five years. I know blogs can get a bad rap for being too glossy and sweet and shiny. Marriage has taken a lot of learning and growth and sacrifice which has included plenty of tears and disagreements and frustration. However, it has truly brought me more happiness than I could have ever imagined, and has been the most beautiful five years of my life, this last year especially. There is no one else on earth I would rather share unity with than with my high school sweetheart and Laurie Lawrence, Max Bingham. I love you forever.


No comments:

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs