wallowa lake

July 19, 2015



Low-lights:
1. Horseback riding up and down the trail of DEATH. I think I muttered unmentionable words fifty times under my breath - I honestly thought that I was going to die. Didn't help that the very next day someone was life-flighted off the mountain from being bucked off a horse.
2. No A/C. Which usually isn't a problem unless you come home sunburned every day from the lake.
3. No dole whips. I'm tempted to go open up a restaurant selling dole whips and churros and turkey sandwiches.


Highlights:
1. Being with family at one of the prettiest places on earth.
2. Spending time with Max for the first time in what feels like months.
3. Our friendly outdoor neighbor Elvis, the deer.
4. BBQ's and days on the lake.
5. Our "secret-last-night-ritual" (which keeps the Wallowa Lake monster at bay until next year).

Nothing in this world can beat traditions and families and summertime.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs