california coast (part 2)

January 6, 2015

Big Sur:



The drive was a lot longer than I thought it was going to be, but so much more stunning. We drove down the 85 miles of coastline and saw whales and elephant seals along the way. It reminded me of New Zealand a little bit - I didn't think anything on earth could be as pretty, but this sure came close.

San Simeon:




Please, whatever you do, GO TO HEARST CASTLE. Oh how I wish I could go back in time and visit the castle in its heyday when guests like Cary Grant and Clark Gable were frequent visitors, and then spend my afternoons reading by the Neptune Pool or watching black and white silent films in Mr. Hearst's private theater. What a life that would be!

Cambria/San Luis Obispo:


Cambria is such a hippie town but I loved it. Eat at Lynn's Café. And Make sure to stop by bubble gum alley and Madonna's Inn in SLO.

So Cal:


Yeah, I'm one of those weirdos (according to Jim Gaffigan) but I think if you go to California - you have got to go to Disneyland. Plain and simple.

And that's how we roll.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs