Russell, Bay of Islands

January 6, 2013

I have a million things to say about our trip to New Zealand, but I have to start with my favorite: Russell.

Russell is a small town situated in the Bay of Islands, far north on the north island of New Zealand. Surrounded by miles of ocean, sail boats, and the most beautiful holiday homes I've ever seen, it's quaint and charming and perfect. Although most of the homes on the island cost millions of dollars, (one of the resorts can even cost upwards of $25,000 dollars a night (!!!)) I'm absolutely convinced that if I were to ever strike it rich, my first purchase would be here.




We usually spend an afternoon in Russell when we're visiting, always grabbing a bite for lunch at Sally's (the pasta is molto bene!) But I imagine if I were to ever live here, I'd spend my days eating Tim Tams from the bakery, and my evenings watching outdoor movies at one of the local hotels (this really happens!) or by taking long walks on the beach at night :) Yes, this has to be one of the most beautiful places on earth.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay. Do I need to go there?!! I NEED IT. What took you to NZ in the first place? Mckay and I are debating having Christmas there this year...

Becs said...

This is GORGEOUS! You honestly visit the most beautiful places!

Also, what camera do you use, Kels? Your photos are incredible.

And, I hope you had an amazing New Year!

Kelsie said...

@Nicki - My parents actually live in New Zealand! My dad works in Auckland, over the South Pacific islands for the LDS Church. Dream job.

@B - Becca! I hope your New Years was wonderful too! We use a Nikon P510 ... they have great deals at Best Buy!

Anonymous said...

wow,, i love new zealand...

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs