your happiness will have no ends.

October 10, 2011

A few years ago, I remember reading a talk by President Boyd K. Packer, President of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, and for me, it was one of those things you read once and remember for the rest of your life:

"My young friends, there is much happiness and joy to be found in this life. I can testify of that. I picture you with a companion whom you love and who loves you. I picture you at the marriage altar, entering into covenants that are sacred. I picture you in a home where love has its fulfillment, and I picture you with little children about you and see your love growing with them. I cannot frame this picture. I would not if I could, for it has no bounds. Your happiness will have no ends."

I've spent so much time "planning my own wedding" since I was six (just kidding, maybe like 12) and usually it included things like what flowers I wanted at the reception, or what "our wedding song" would be -- but I think so much of the little details go unnoticed anyway because you're so overwhelmingly happy and grateful for the feeling of love. And for family, too.

9 comments:

Brittany said...

I like you so much Kels. So happy for your happy. And you made me cry haha.

kaes. said...

i am so happy for her. they are SO cute. holy cow. kelss you are too adorable, we neeed to play :)

Lauren said...

I really like the way you put this. Because you're so totally right. After all the weddings I've been to and been a part of, the only thing I ever notice is the happiness and love I wish for the couple and their years ahead of them.

Ky said...

so very sweet.

L!$@ said...

Seeing the absolute joy on my brother's face when he got married this year was so awesome. Just the happiness makes everything else, especially the stressful stuff not matter so much :D

Kat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jess Cole said...

Such a sweet post! And that quote is amazing!!

Adri Ballif said...

Kenna is so cute. Her and her boy look beautiful together, I'm glad she found her soul mate :)

Mandy said...

That's the most true thing. I felt that at my sister's weddings and especially at my own. Nothing else really mattered.

I'm happy for Kenna! Jess seems darling. You're next lady :)

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs