I'd Rather Be In Love...

December 9, 2008


I'd rather be in love during Christmastime than Valentines. Come to think of it, I'd rather be in love any day. Period.
Joni Mitchell explains me well:
It’s just another show
You leave em laughing when you go
And if you care, don’t let them know
Don’t give yourself away…
Tears and fears and feeling proud
To say I love you right out loud...
Moons and Junes and Ferris wheels
The dizzy dancing way you feel
As every fairy tale comes real
I’ve looked at love that way...
But I’ve looked at love from both sides now
From give and take, and still somehow
Its loves illusions I recall
I really don’t know love at all.
Dedicated to:
The nights on the bleachers, wrapped up in blankets with our penny candy, talking about love.
The night dancing on the bridge to JamisonParker.
The nights we danced with mattresses.
The night on the fence when I was 14.
The night on the phone when I was 16.
The night in my dorm room when I was 18.
And most of all to my 7up girl sister whose been there through most of my "loves illusions" and will be getting married in one week.
"All because I've been cursed by being in love...the sight of him! Heart pounding! Throat thickening! Absolutely can't swallow! All the usual symptoms..."
...I'd still rather be in love.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs