the ship of dreams.

April 25, 2011


"It was called the ship of dreams, and it was, it really was."
Cue Celine Dion.

I totally forgot to mention the day I went to see Titanic in 3D. It was great. And I cried. Not half as much as the pre-teens who sat behind us (who clearly must have been seeing it for the first time ((hysterically sobbing)) but nevertheless, it made me cry and I sure liked it a whole lot.

Even more exciting news: Max and I have tickets for our own maiden voyage on the Titanic, (at least that's what I refer to it as during most of our conversations.) What I'm really talking about though, is our booked honeymoon for an 8 day piece of heaven//cruise to... Alaska.

When it comes to honeymoon planning, I feel like I am now an official honeymoon afficianado. All the planning, searching, researching (expedia, travelzoo, jetblue) California? Cozumel? Hawaii? Costa Rica? Yes, we searched them all. But it wasn't until several friends and family started suggesting Alaska that I saw Max get the most excited -- which ended up getting me the most excited, too.

(We even spent an hours worth at the DI finding matching Alaska shirts. Mine was green and gross and a size too small, but my excitement got in the way of that horrible $2 dollar purchase. It will do for now.)

When I daydreamed of a honeymoon years ago, I planned mine to be something along the lines of a swiss chalet in the Swiss Alps with a whole mountain to ourselves. Unfortunately, we haven't won the lottery yet -- so that won't do. But something that involves the ability to cuddle and eat and eat and cuddle and then take a voyage off shore through the Tracy Arm passageway or to the Butchart Gardens in British Columbia... sign me up.

Polar bears, glaciers, whales, and dolphins -- we'll see it all. All from the Rhapsody of the Seas, or what I like to call, the Titanic II -- both as first time cruisers! (any tips?)

All I know is this:
Planning a wedding is fun.
Planning a honeymoon? Lots and lots of fun.

9 comments:

Emily Meyerhoffer said...

Oh my, never has Alaska sounded so good. You guys are going to have so much fun. I don't think there is anything better than 7 days on a cruise ship!

Jess Cole said...

oh how exciting!! Hope you enjoy it!!
Can't wait to see what your wedding looks like!!

Becs said...

I love that you guys are going to Alaska! Just like Janice & Sam! I hear it's beautiful, I remember Sam talking about it all the time. Again, I'm going to express how happy I am for you two. I'm so excited for you!

h a y l i e j o e y said...

Which cruise are you going on??

I went on an Alaskan cruise in 2010.

Seriously so gorgeous.

{which i didn't think it would be, kinda bummed we were going at first haha}

So awesome and congratulations!!!!!

Lauren said...

Get the sea sick patches....JUST IN CASE! you never want to find out the hard way that you ended up seasick, but assumed you wouldn't. plus, they'll probably cost more on the ship.

kylee said...

first cruise?! yaaaay! they are sooo fun! but if you are anything like me i highly suggest taking motion sickness pills daily. really though. cruise ships are the death of me and my stomach. the food, oh gosh you will love your lives eating so much good food alllll the time. but you'll be newlyweds so even if the food was awful and only served once a day you would love your life on that cruise!

Anonymous said...

i can't wait for this! LOVE YOU!

Falling Up said...

ok i've been to the butchart gardens... so amazing! this sounds like so much fun!!!!!!

andrea said...

ok i would love to know how you came to find your alaskan cruise. i got engaged a month ago and we are planning an august wedding. we are trying to decide where we want to go: bahamas? california? cruise to Mexico? somewhere else? haha! we keep going back and forth. what made you decide alaska? and how are the rest of your plans coming along?

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs