what i've been reading lately

August 16, 2017



I don't have any good quotes to pull from this book, but it still deserves a shoutout. Erik Larson is incredible at bringing history to life. Every time I read his books I think, How have I not heard about this before!? I'm going to read In the Garden of Beasts next, but if you are new to Larson, put Devil in the White City and Isaac's Storm on the top of your reading list too.


--
“But you can’t have yes without no. Another way to say it: if you’re not careful with your yeses, you start to say no to some very important things without even realizing it. In my rampant yes-yes-yes-ing, I said no, without intending to, to rest, to peace, to groundedness, to listening, to deep and slow connection, built over years instead of moments."

“And so one of the tiny little things I'm learning to do is play. To purposely waste time, to strategically avoid strategy, for five minutes at a time. Intentionally not be intentional about every second. Have no purpose on purpose.”  -Present Over Perfect, Shauna Niequist
--



“If I have learned anything in this long life of mine, it is this: in love we find out who we want to be; in war we find out who we are.”  -The Nightingale, Kristin Hannah

No comments:

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs