the one and only wallowa lake

July 19, 2017


You just can't beat a week at Wallowa Lake. Bear Lake, Lake Powell, I've heard all the reasons why they're the best, but I don't think anyone can convince me there is anywhere on earth as special as Wallowa Lake.





I've been going to the lake for 23 summers, and for 23 summers we've done pretty much the same thing while we're there (if you've read my blog through the years, you've already heard it all before). And to a lot of people that might sound like it could get old or boring doing the same thing summer after summer, but it's one of the few places on earth I feel close to heaven. I love that lake, I love the sea monster myths, I love star gazing on the back deck and telling scary stories on the dock with a bag of sweedish fish; but even more, I love the people I spend my time with there. So as I watch a documentary right now on Netflix about an inevitable earthquake that is going to destroy the Wasatch Front, perhaps I just might move there one day too.

Ciao.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs