mothers day

May 14, 2017

This blog is gathering dust, and I know it. I've been blogging on and off for almost ten years (!!!) and even though I've grown terrible at it, I feel like this still remains one of the best ways for me to document the comings and goings of life. I'd like to think that maybe one day I'll print off most of these posts and put it in a book for my children to look through with the pictures I've added, and the random things that their mom once thought about years before. So with that being said, let's kick off a mother's day post:



Mothers Day. My first mother's day as a mother! Last year I suppose I technically was one, but since Charlie was still a tiny grapefruit growing inside of me, this year was the year it was supposed to be a big deal, right? But you'll never believe it - Max forgot all about it. Haha! I can laugh now, but let's be honest... Mothers Day morning I wasn't laughing.  When Max realized the catastrophic mistake he had made, he quickly made me breakfast while I was getting ready for church and wrote a sweet letter. I was hopping mad, but luckily when you're at church it's hard to stay angry for long, so I ended the silent treatment about halfway through Sacrament Meeting. Needless to say, Mothers Day this year was one I'll never forget (and won't let Max either!) All joking aside - he promised to be my slave the entire next day, which I fully took advantage of.

On a much more important note: I'll say it for the rest of my life, until I turn blue in the face and to the day I go to my grave, there is nothing on this earth I could possibly love more than being a mom. Nothing has brought me more joy than starting a family with Max, and nothing can compare to those feelings I have when I sit back and realize this is life. Imperfect and wonderful all at the same time, this is the sweetest chapter I've had so far. I will always be eternally grateful to my Heavenly Father for being chosen to be Charlie's mom, and to do it alongside with Max. I know Mothers Day brings out a lot of feelings for a lot of different reasons which I will always try to be sensitive to, but this Mothers Day for me, (even though Max forgot all about it ;) I felt more grateful than I ever have before.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs