springtime sunshine.

March 21, 2012

When spring came, even the false spring, there were no problems except where to be happiest. 
-Ernest Hemingway

That quote is perfect. If I wasn't swamped with school, I could probably relate a little bit more.

Tonight I glanced over some of my saved pictures once I realized that our annual Springtime picnic has been on a continual raincheck the last few weeks. You know it's the end of a semester when your slammed with final assignments and projects and papers for class, which seems especially tiring this semester considering one of my professors treats statistics like it should be a part time job.

But today felt like spring. And that is good enough. Better yet - according to the weatherman, spring is here to stay. Since the summer solstice is exactly three months away from today (summer can't seem to come fast enough this year!) I decided to celebrate in small ways like wearing a skirt without tights and having a lunchable picnic inside of a car (but hey! at least we were parked next to the park!)

For now, I'll take what I can get.

2 comments:

Jane said...

Hahahaha i love this! You are making me want to go on a picnic.

kylee said...

best thing of my life: i'm at school and walk into the institute building. a nice boy holds the door open for me and i thank him while continuing on with my headphones in. my shoulder is tapped and i turn around to see the same kind door holding boy. he introduces himself and says he knows me. turns out he's your boyfriend and recognized me from my blog. best thing ever! hope he told you i say hi. also, bonus points to him for being the door-holding type.

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs