a sunday recipe.

January 23, 2012

The recipe for a perfect Sunday:
- 1 bag of chips + salsa
- 2 baby turkeys (only $2.50 at walmart! scorrrrrre.)
- 24 pack of diet coke in the fridge
- 1 90s chick flick movie. (and being able to guess all 90 minutes: annoying girl rock band? check. some bad boy transformation? check. silver eye shadow? check. (my detest for this 90s fashion fail knows no bounds.) and finally...the entire plot revolving around the senior prom? check.)
- 1 love plant still in bloom

And last but not least: this talk is absolutely amazing. Holy smokes amazing. Have I emailed it already to friends and family? Yes. Have I read over it three times since yesterday? Yes. Nothing better than all of the above, and reading over the quote below:

"Anne Morrow Lindbergh wrote of the need to “shed my Martha-like anxiety about many things, … shedding pride, … shedding hypocrisy in human relationships. What a rest that will be! The most exhausting thing in life, I have discovered,” she said, “is being insincere. That is why so much of social life is exhausting."

Elder Maxwell is always worth reading; he is so eloquent and so, so smart -- but something about this talk really impressed me and encouraged me to be better.

And that's about it. Because on Sunday, as Kylie says, we deserve to treat ourselves like royalty. And I guess with a whole week of school ahead, and Monday in the morning, I'm more than okay with that.

5 comments:

Falling Up said...

i went and bought another turkey...crap.

Elsha said...

i love this.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jane said...

wow i love this. first of all, you can never go wrong with a 24-pack of diet coke. and mini turkeys, WHAT!? I need to try those. Seriously. do they taste good?? they look amazing. netflix! you can find the best stuff on there. disney oceans? try watching it before you go to bed...better than any lullaby you've ever heard. and do you watch vampire diaries? if you don't, don't start. its on netflix but it's terrifying. but addicting.

Catherine said...

Ahhh I love that talk!! Thank you for sharing and what a nice way to spend a Sunday! :)

PS: I have been looking for an email address to contact you about something. Could you email me at themeaningfulpursuit@gmail.com? :)

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs