spring spring spring

March 7, 2014

I don't remember any time in the last few years where it actually felt like April before March in Utah! I ordered a lemonade (knock on wood) because I will take sunny, sixty degree weather when I can + a strawberry lemonade to seal the deal. This weekend I plan on cleaning out everything under our bed (am I the only one who uses that space as a storage closet?), buying a wreath for the front door, and getting together with friends with a whole lot of catching up to do. Last time a few of us got together, we sat in the restaurant and talked from four until nine! I think we had three different waitresses? Anyway, I hope you're enjoying a little bit of spring weather wherever you are, and now - a few words from ee cummings:

Spring is like a perhaps hand
(which comes carefully out of 
Nowhere)
arranging a window into which people look

(while people stare
arranging and changing
placing 
carefully 
there
a strange thing
and a known thing 
here)
and changing everything carefully

spring is like a perhaps hand in a window

(carefully to and fro
moving 
New and 
Old things,
while people stare
carefully 
moving 
a perhaps fraction of flower here

placing an inch of air there)

and without breaking anything.

helllllo spring!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

im loving the spring weather too!!! best time of the year.

Jena said...

I love your restaurant story. I did it with a couple friends a couple months ago. We made it to three hours...with babies! It was kind of a miracle. I think our babies knew that their mothers needed friend-time. Love and miss you.

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs