wedding - family

August 22, 2012





I saved family for last, because that's what all of this is about. Everything. My mom and my dad, my sister who I love so much. My new family. My new brothers. My grandparents, my aunts, uncles, my faaavorite cousin Merbear. And the feeling that my family isn't some coincidence. That our relationships aren't something that just end with time or distance; we're sealed to one another. How grateful I am for that.

And most, most, most importantly, the most permanent and precious decision I ever made, was and is starting this new family with Max. With the boy who has been my best friend for the last six years, and who will be for the next million more. Such a big decision, yet it was the easiest one I ever made.

Some of the wonderful counsel we were given on our wedding day, was that out of all the titles and callings we have in this life, the only ones we will take with us hereafter are that of mother and father, husband and wife. Of families. I will never forget that. Maybe because I had never heard anything so wonderful, or because I was surrounded by all my family, both immediate and extended; but maybe it's because a part of heaven feels that way, too. I will never forget it.

3 comments:

Brooke Cushman said...

So cute! All of your wedding pictures are so pretty!

Sara said...

Congratulations! Such a beautiful bride, and such pretty photos! x

Jessi said...

I've been reading your blog for a while now but just recently became a follower. I love your posts and these pictures of your wedding are gorgeous! My husband and I were married on June 14th so I can completely relate to all the excitement of being a newlywed:) It's the very best!

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs