what love means to me today.

March 25, 2010



"Think the best of each other,
especially of those you say you love.
Assume the good and doubt the bad."

- Elder Holland, "How Do I Love Thee?"

I heard this yesterday in one of my classes,
and that phrase kept repeating itself over and over
and over again:
"Think the best of each other,
especially of those you say you love."

Unfortunately, I do not always follow this wise advice;
and lately, it feels like I have become especially imperfect.
So after class, I inwardly promised
myself to do something about it,
And honestly,
within 24 hours I've already noticed a miraculous difference.


Doesn't love just make you feel really, really good inside?
It just seems to always make everything alright again.

photo via

9 comments:

Lizzy said...

Thanks for looking at my blog Kels.. I need to check yours more often because every time I do i love it! Your last post is adorable.. I wish I was closer so I could still play with you guy and Kylie from time to time. And this quote from Elder Holland is beautiful.. and so true. I need to remember that too.

Lizzy said...

p.s. I meant to say you guys.. or you and Kylie, not "you guy and kylie" haha.

emily said...

i love love :) this is a great quote. now i'm excited for conference. thanks, lady.

Mary Dalrymple said...

wow great advice :] definitely something i am going to remember and work on.

Brittany said...

I'm working on this too. Sometimes it's hard not to be critical. Thanks for the great reminder; I love Elder Holland so much! Can't wait for Conference.

Mandy said...

I like this quote a lot. What class did you hear it in? I assume religion. :)

Michelle said...

Yay! I love this message! When I'm feeling a bit moody or cynical I try and force myself to flip my thoughts around from focusing on the bad to the good. And yo uare totally right! It totally works! and quickly too!

Jessica Lynn said...

Great great thought. My new mantra.

Jacob said...

sure does. so much better than anything else.
but sprinkles, they are up there too.

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs