Inner Beauty.

May 1, 2009

"The absence of flaw in beauty is itself a flaw."
- Havelock Ellis, 1914

How clever, how true.

Several years ago, I remember getting ready for a high school dance with one of my close friends; unable to contain our excitement for the event, we went all out and bought the prettiest eye shadow and the shiniest lip gloss, the rosiest blush and darkest mascara...however, right before we began to get ready, something caught the corner of my eye and I noticed a post-it note her dad must have taped onto the mirror, which read: "A father watching his daughter use makeup is like Picasso watching his masterpiece get a makeover..."
I have never forgotten it.

I stumbled onto this video the other day, and (capitalized): L-O-V-E-D it and couldn't help but share, enjoy.



How clever, how true.

4 comments:

Mandy said...

Thank you so much for uploading this. FINALLY the beauty industry is recognizing the damage they do. I loved this commercial!

Anonymous said...

I'm commenting because you say I like it when I comment. Kels, you are full of inner beauty, and I am glad you think that everyone else should know it as well.

Kenna said...

kelsssssssssssssss!!! it's your lovely sister here on my blog page he he he he too bad i don't know how to work it anyway!!! you got me hooked on your blogs.
you're amazing sister sue
i love you
bye

Ash said...

You're a doll kels, and write so well. I love you!

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs